- WHO WE ARE
- Board of Directors
- District Boundaries
- Employment Opportunities
- How CVSan is "Green"
- Public Outreach
- Request for Proposals
- SOLID WASTE
- Collection & Curbside Services
- 4R Star Business
- Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up
- Commercial and Business Organics and Recycling
- Construction & Demolition
- E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Extra Service Tags and Paper Garden Bags
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Holiday Tree Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Mattress Recycling
- Multi-Family Community Recognition
- Multi-Family Recycling
- What Do I Do With...
- Plant Debris Landfill Ban
- Recycling Guides
- Residential Recycling
- Route Maps
- Street Cans
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Recycling
- Waste Management of Alameda County
- Alameda County Industries (ACI)
- Reduce Waste
- Community & Education
- Build Your Own Sign
- Davis Street Transfer Station Tour
- Donation Request Form
- Earth Day
- Event Recycling
- Green Hearts
- Monthly Department Updates
- Recycles Day
- Repair Workshops
- School Programs
- Zero Waste Week
- Collection & Curbside Services
- Report a Sewer Emergency
- Center Street Project
- Collection System Maintenance
- Construction Projects
- Construction Standards
- Dental Amalgam Program
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Control Program
- Lateral Replacement Grant Program
- Permits and Fees
- Prevent Sewer Blockages
- Private Sewer Lateral Program
- Sanitary Sewer Management Plan
- Sewer Service Charges
- CONTACT US
How do I Become a 4R Star Business?
What is a 4R Star Business?
Become a “4R Star” with CVSan’s “4R Business, 4R Planet” Award Program
To recognize and reward businesses for being a company where green practices are business as usual, CVSan implemented the 4R Business, 4R Planet Award Program in 2009. The 4R Business, 4R Planet program certifies “4R Star” businesses that complete ongoing activities in each of the 4R categories – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot (organics). CVSan businesses that recycle and add organics service are most likely already completing all 4Rs. Businesses that certify, for a limited time, receive a cash incentive up to $525! 4R Star businesses are also periodically recognized in the Castro Valley Forum, through news releases, events, and on our website all at no cost to them.
|Jenny’s Café, a 4R Star since 2011.|
How Do I Become a 4R Star Business?
Download 4R Business, 4R Planet Application and find out what it takes! Eligible businesses include all businesses located within the CVSan boundaries including preschools. K-Adult schools and home-based businesses are not eligible to become certified 4R Stars at this time, however they may participate in the Alameda County Green Business Program. Every three years, each 4R Star will be notified of quick and easy recertification procedures.
Businesses that successfully complete the 4R Business, 4R Planet Award Program requirements earn their 4R Stars. 4R Star businesses will receive:
- A cash award ranging from $150 to $525 (depending on business size and level of waste diversion).
- An award certificate to display with pride.
- One (1) free advertisement in the Castro Valley Forum.
|Commercial Services Guide||4R Star Application||4R Star Program Changes|
Download 4R Business, 4R Planet Application
Download Flyer of Program Changes
4R Star Business Directory
Over 100 businesses have already become 4R Stars and received their award and recognition. Support your local 4R Star businesses – Click here for the directory of certified businesses.
4R Star Business Employee Recognition Event
On Friday, October 26th from 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. all current 4R Star businesses are invited to attend the 5th annual recognition event at CVSan offices, located at 21040 Marshall Street. All employees will receive thank you gifts and a free brunch. Some will receive certificate awards as well! To RVSP, please email Purvi Solanki at email@example.com or call (510) 537-0757 ext. 117..