- WHO WE ARE
- Board of Directors
- District Boundaries
- Employment Opportunities
- How CVSan is "Green"
- Public Outreach
- Request for Proposals
- SOLID WASTE
- Collection & Curbside Services
- 4R Star Business
- Bulky Goods Pick-Up
- Commercial and Business Organics and Recycling
- Construction & Demolition
- Extra Service Tags and Paper Garden Bags
- E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Holiday Tree Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Mattress Recycling
- Multi-Family Recycling
- Plant Debris Landfill Ban
- Recycling Guides
- Residential Recycling
- Route Maps
- Street Cans
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Recycling
- Waste Management of Alameda County
- What Do I Do With...
- Reduce Waste
- Community & Education
- Build Your Own Sign
- Davis Street Transfer Station Tour
- Donation Request Form
- Earth Day
- Event Recycling
- Green Hearts
- Monthly Department Updates
- Repair Workshops
- School Programs
- Zero Waste Week
- Collection & Curbside Services
- Report a Sewer Emergency
- Center Street Project
- Collection System Maintenance
- Construction Projects
- Construction Standards
- Dental Amalgam Program
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Control Program
- Lateral Replacement Grant Program
- Permits and Fees
- Prevent Sewer Blockages
- Private Sewer Lateral Program
- Sanitary Sewer Management Plan
- Sewer Service Charges
- CONTACT US
Bulky Goods Pick-Up
Before discarding items, consider reuse and recycling options. Visit www.StopWaste.Org to find ideas on how to best reuse or recycle bulky items. Click here for local drop-off options of reusable goods.
How to Schedule a Bulky Goods Pick-Up
Single-family (4 units or less) and multi-family complexes (5 units or more) are eligible for one free on-call Bulky Goods Pick-Up per year.
To schedule a Bulky Goods Pick-Up, call Waste Management of Alameda County at (510) 537-5500. Your on-call Bulky Goods Pick Up will be scheduled within one week of the request for service, except for the two weeks in January of each year when Holiday Tree Collection is in effect. Requests made at the end of the calendar year may not be fulfilled within the calendar year, so schedule appointments in advance.
Waste Management will make every best effort to process your Bulky Goods set-out in accordance with the following hierarchy:
- Reuse as is (where energy efficiency is not compromised)
- Disassemble for reuse or recycling
- Disposal (landfill)
What Can and Cannot be Set Out for Pick-Up?
- No construction or demolition debris.
- No concrete, rocks, brick, or dirt.
- No hazardous waste including anti-freeze or motor oil/filters.
- Up to 4 tires may be set out per housing unit.
Single-Family Set Out Information
Residents are limited to 7 cubic yards per collection, and guidelines are as follows:
- Place items within 3 feet of the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day. Do not set out items more than 24 hours in advance. Do not block the street or sidewalk.
- Items must weigh less than 75 pounds and be handled by two people.
- You will be charged for materials in excess of 7 cubic yards.
- If stacking items, stack in a safe and stable manner whereby removing an item doesn’t cause other items to fall against a person or property.
Multi-Family Set Out Information
Complexes are limited to a maximum number of cubic yards calculated by multiplying the number of dwelling units in the multi-family complex by 3 cubic yards. Guidelines are as follows:
Waste Management will provide a drop box of equivalent cubic yards as arranged with the complex’s management. Fewer equivalent cubic yards may be requested by management, but only one Bulky Goods Pick-Up will be arranged per calendar year. Management will be responsible for assigning the location(s) of the drop box(es).
- Place items in the drop box by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day.
- Items must be able to be handled by two people.
- Management will be charged for materials in excess of the maximum number of cubic yards.