- WHO WE ARE
- Board of Directors
- District Boundaries
- Employment Opportunities
- How CVSan is "Green"
- Public Outreach
- Request for Proposals
- SOLID WASTE
- Collection & Curbside Services
- 4R Star Business
- Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up
- Commercial and Business Organics and Recycling
- Construction & Demolition
- E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Extra Service Tags and Paper Garden Bags
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Holiday Tree Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Mattress Recycling
- Multi-Family Community Recognition
- Multi-Family Recycling
- What Do I Do With...
- Plant Debris Landfill Ban
- Recycling Guides
- Residential Recycling
- Route Maps
- Street Cans
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Recycling
- Waste Management of Alameda County
- Alameda County Industries (ACI)
- Reduce Waste
- Community & Education
- Build Your Own Sign
- Davis Street Transfer Station Tour
- Donation Request Form
- Earth Day
- Event Recycling
- Green Hearts
- Monthly Department Updates
- Recycles Day
- Repair Workshops
- School Programs
- Zero Waste Week
- Collection & Curbside Services
- Report a Sewer Emergency
- Center Street Project
- Collection System Maintenance
- Construction Projects
- Construction Standards
- Dental Amalgam Program
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Control Program
- Lateral Replacement Grant Program
- Permits and Fees
- Prevent Sewer Blockages
- Private Sewer Lateral Program
- Sanitary Sewer Management Plan
- Sewer Service Charges
- CONTACT US
Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up
Before discarding items, consider reuse and recycling options. Visit www.StopWaste.Org to find ideas on how to best reuse or recycle bulky items. Click here for local drop-off options of reusable & Reuse.
How to Schedule a Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up
Single-family (4 units or less) and multi-family complexes (5 units or more) are eligible for one on-call Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up per year.
To schedule a Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up, call Alameda County Industries at (510) 483-1400. Appointments are not available the first two weeks in January or the first week of June and October of each year. Requests made at the end of the calendar year may not be fulfilled within the calendar year, so schedule appointments in advance.
Alameda County Industries will make every best effort to process your Bulky & Reuse set-out in accordance with the following hierarchy:
- Reuse as is (where energy efficiency is not compromised)
- Disassemble for reuse or recycling
- Disposal (landfill)
What Can and Cannot be Set Out for Pick-Up?
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMSUp to 4 car or light truck tires (rims must be separated from the tires)
- Household furniture, pillows & mattresses
- Yard trimmings and unpainted wood (up to 6” in diameter tied in bundles not longer than 4’)
- Clothing, textiles, shoes, belts, purses, and craft/sewing items
- Scrap metal
- Housewares, TVs, electronics, and appliances (remove or seal doors)
- Trash that is bagged, boxed, or bundled
Books, CDs, VHS, DVDs, magazines, and framed pictures
- No construction or demolition debris.
- No concrete, rocks, brick, or dirt.
- No hazardous waste including anti-freeze or motor oil/filters.
Single-Family Set Out Information
Residents are limited to 7 cubic yards per collection, and guidelines are as follows:
- Place items within 3 feet of the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day. Do not set out items more than 24 hours in advance. Do not block the street or sidewalk.
- Items must weigh less than 75 pounds except for furniture and appliances, and able to be handled by two people.
- You will be charged for materials in excess of 7 cubic yards.
- If stacking items, stack in a safe and stable manner whereby removing an item doesn’t cause other items to fall against a person or property.
- Canyonlands residents – please contact ACI to coordinate a collection location.
Multi-Family Set Out Information
Complexes are limited to a maximum number of cubic yards calculated by multiplying the number of dwelling units in the multi-family complex by 2 cubic yards. Guidelines are as follows:
Alameda County Industries will provide a debris box of equivalent cubic yards as arranged with the complex’s management. Fewer equivalent cubic yards may be requested by management, but only one Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up will be arranged per calendar year. The property owner/manager will be responsible for an agreed-upon location(s) of the debris box(es).
A Reuse Zone will be identified and agreed upon by the ACI Route Manager and property manager for tires, furniture, reusable goods, and appliances outside the debris box.
- Place items in the debris box by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day.
- Items must weigh less than 75 pounds except for furniture and appliances and be able to be handled by two people.
- The property will be charged for materials in excess of the maximum number of cubic yards.