- WHO WE ARE
- Board of Directors
- Center Street Project
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Outreach
- Request for Proposals
- Who We Are
- SOLID WASTE
- Collection & Curbside Services
- 4R Star Business
- Bag-It Bags and Paper Garden Bags
- Bulky Goods Pick-Up
- Commercial and Business Organics and Recycling
- Construction & Demolition
- E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Holiday Tree Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Less Than Weekly
- Mattress Recycling
- Multi-Family Recycling
- Plant Debris Landfill Ban
- Recycling Guides
- Residential Recycling
- Route Maps
- Street Cans
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Recycling
- Waste Management of Alameda County
- What Do I Do With...
- Reduce Waste
- Community & Education
- Zero Waste Characters
- The 4Rs
- Alameda County Resources
- Build Your Own Sign
- Community Group Outreach Application
- Davis Street Transfer Station Tour (DSTS)
- Donation & Supply Request Form
- Earth Day
- Event Recycling
- Green Hearts
- Kids Games
- LeaR4n Workshops
- Library Educational Materials
- Monthly Department Updates
- Repair Workshops
- School Programs
- Collection & Curbside Services
- Call Us First
- Collection System Maintenance
- Dental Amalgam Program
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Control Program
- How to Dispose of Fats, Oils and Grease
- Kids Games
- Lateral Replacement Grant Program
- Permits and Fees
- Sanitary Sewer Management Plan
- Standard Drawings
- CONTACT US
Community Advisory Committee
1) Represent the community's interests by providing a voice directly to the Board.
2) Provide feedback on specific items, as assigned, to the Castro Valley Sanitary District Board of Directors.
3) Provide feedback to the staff on District services and proposed actions.
4) Serve as a body of independent thought when developing feedback to the Board of Directors.
5) To provide such feedback in an organized and ongoing manner through written recommendations.
6) To represent the District at a minimum of one outreach event per year.
1) Attend and participate in meetings once a month (average 10/year).
2) Attend a minimum of one (1) Board meeting per year. A standing item on the CAC agenda will determine which CAC member(s) will attend the next scheduled Board meeting.
3) Attend other meetings as may be scheduled during the year, or be required to present findings to the Public Relations Committee or Board of Directors.
4) Attend tours and field trips to various locations and sites of interest to the District.
5) Read all materials and be prepared to participate in meetings.
6) Fully participate in areas of interest and knowledge.
7) Fully understand that the Board is responsible for setting policy for District operations, therefore action by the CAC are recommendations to the Board and do not establish District Policy or directive to staff.
8) Coordinate all activities with District Board and Staff.
Organization of the Community Advisory Committee
CAC meetings are facilitated by a chair and vice-chair, elected by the CAC members. CVSan staff will attend meetings to provide appropriate information and record minutes. Goals for each year are set in advance, but appropriate timing can vary and new topics may be introduced at any time. The committee will consist of up to 10 members, all of whom shall serve without compensation and benefits. The CAC shall consist of members of the community representing the CVSan population and interests. Employees of the District are not eligible to serve on the CAC. The term of appointment of each member of the CAC shall be for two years, such term to begin January 1. However, the first term of the CAC shall be split into two groups, the first group (5) shall serve for one year and the second group (5) shall serve for two years. Meetings shall be open to the public and subject to the Brown Act. Committee Members shall be appointed by Directors of the Castro Valley Sanitary District Board. Each Board Member shall have two appointments on the committee at any one time. Board Member appointments shall be one per each year. Two year terms shall be limited to three (3) continuous terms. Committee Members are expected to attend all committee meetings and miss no more than four (4) per year or miss more than three (3) meetings in a row. Attendance will be taken at each meeting and reported to the Public Relations Committee. CAC members attending less than six (6) meetings or missing four (4) meetings may be removed by a simple majority of the Board.
The CAC does not assign work to staff. The Board will take CAC recommendations under advisement and is not obligated to accept such recommendations. CAC members may use CVSan office facilities and office equipment (as available and authorized by the General Manager) to conduct authorized CAC business. CAC members may resign from the committee by written notice to the President of the Board and Chair of the committee. A vacancy on the committee prior to completion of a term, for any cause, will be filled by an appointment of the Castro Valley Sanitary District Board Member who appointed the committee member to the vacated position. All appointments shall be ratified by the full Board at the January Board meeting or at the next regular meeting following a proposed appointment.
Who are the CAC members?
Andy Duncan, Chair
Barbara Nagy, Vice Chair
How are they appointed?
Members of the District Board of Directors appoint positions on the CAC.
How can I apply as a CAC member?
If you are interested in being a part of the CAC you may submit a letter of interest to CVSan by November 30, 2016. Your letter should include the following:
1. A statement of your interest to serve on the CAC.
2. Any qualifications you believe would be of interest to the Board. NOTE: The qualification required is that you live within the Castro Valley Sanitary District Boundary. Any other information you would like to share about yourself.
- 2011 CAC Minutes
- 2010 CAC Minutes
- 2009 CAC Minutes
- 2008 CAC Minutes
- 2007 CAC Minutes
- 2006 CAC Minutes
- 2005 CAC Minutes
- 2011 CAC Agendas
- 2010 CAC Agendas
- 2009 CAC Agendas
- 2008 CAC Agendas
- 2007 CAC Agendas
- 2006 CAC Agendas
- 2005 CAC Agendas
Agendas and Minutes - CAC
|CAC||2017||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2017-05-11.pdf Agenda, May 11, 2017|
|CAC||2017||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2017-03-09.pdf Agenda, March 9, 2017|
|CAC||2017||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2017-02-09.pdf Agenda, February 9, 2017|
|CAC||2017||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2017-01-12.pdf Agenda, January 12, 2017|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-11-10.pdf Agenda, November 10, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-10-13.pdf Agenda, October 13, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-09-08.pdf Agenda, September 8, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-07-14.pdf Agenda, July 14, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda Amended_2016-06-15.pdf Agenda, June 23, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-05-12.pdf Agenda, May 12, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-03-10.pdf Agenda, March 10, 2016|
|CAC||2016||Agenda||CAC Agenda_2016-02-11.pdf Agenda, February 11, 2016|