Holiday trees from single-family residents, multi-family residents, and schools may be set out on your regular collection day during a two-week period in January, beginning the first Monday of each year.
Dates for the next 2 years are as follows:
- January 4-8, 2016 and January 11-15, 2016
- January 2-6, 2017 and January 19-13, 2017
Remove ornaments, tinsel, nails, and stands. Flocked trees will be collected, but not composted. If necessary, cut tree into a maximum of 6-foot lengths. Place curbside for pick up on your regular collection day. At the end of the two-week period during the month of January, holiday trees may be cut up and placed inside the organics cart for collection.
- Single-family residents may set out holiday trees curbside.
- Multi-family residents may set out holiday trees in the general collection area or enclosure.
- Schools may set out trees as agreed to by the school and Waste Management of Alameda County, Inc.
Questions? Contact Waste Management of Alameda County, Inc. at (510) 537-5500.
OTHER HOLIDAY RECYCLING TIPS & REMINDERS:
- Save holiday bows and ribbon and reuse them next year.
- Save foam packaging pellets and use them in the next package you send out. Or, gather clean pellets in a plastic bag and take them to the UPS Store and they’ll reuse them for you.
- Recycle wrapping paper in the blue recycling cart or white recycling bin.
- Compost holiday leftovers (all food scraps and food-soiled paper) in the green organics cart.
For more great tips, visit www.calrecycle.ca.gov/publiced/Holidays/