- WHO WE ARE
- Board of Directors
- Center Street Project
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Outreach
- Request for Proposals
- Who We Are
- SOLID WASTE
- Collection & Curbside Services
- 4R Star Business
- Bag-It Bags and Paper Garden Bags
- Bulky Goods Pick-Up
- Commercial and Business Organics and Recycling
- Construction & Demolition
- E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Holiday Tree Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Less Than Weekly
- Mattress Recycling
- Multi-Family Recycling
- Plant Debris Landfill Ban
- Recycling Guides
- Residential Recycling
- Route Maps
- Street Cans
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Recycling
- Waste Management of Alameda County
- What Do I Do With...
- Reduce Waste
- Community & Education
- Zero Waste Characters
- The 4Rs
- Alameda County Resources
- Build Your Own Sign
- Community Group Outreach Application
- Davis Street Transfer Station Tour (DSTS)
- Donation & Supply Request Form
- Earth Day
- Event Recycling
- Green Hearts
- Kids Games
- LeaR4n Workshops
- Library Educational Materials
- Monthly Department Updates
- Repair Workshops
- School Programs
- Collection & Curbside Services
- Call Us First
- Collection System Maintenance
- Dental Amalgam Program
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Control Program
- How to Dispose of Fats, Oils and Grease
- Kids Games
- Lateral Replacement Grant Program
- Permits and Fees
- Sanitary Sewer Management Plan
- Standard Drawings
- CONTACT US
Pump Station 4 Forcemain Replacement and Flume Rehabilitation (2016-03)
The primary goals of this project are to replace aging infrastructure that has been identified as at-risk and to install new infrastructure at the flume to mitigate odors. The affected area for the Pump Station 4 portion of this project will be a segment of Redwood Road north of Proctor Road and sections of Camino Alta Mira, Blackberry Lane, and Foxboro Drive. The affected area for the flume rehabilitation portion of this project will be on North 3rd Street near the Hayward Senior Center.
This project consists of:
1. The relocation of Sewer Forcemain No. 4 from private property to the streets of Camino Alta Mira, Redwood Road, and Foxboro Drive. This portion of the project will include:
- Installing 755 linear feet of 8” ductile iron sewer forcemain by open-cut excavation.
- Installing two inspection ports and manholes along the new 8” ductile iron forcemain.
- Abandoning 460 linear feet of 6” ductile iron sewer forcemain and one manhole located on private property.
- Modifying an existing manhole at the current sewer forcemain discharge location.
- Connecting the new sewer forcemain to Pump Station No. 4 at the upstream end and the existing 8” VCP (Vitrified Clay Pipe) sewer line on Foxboro Drive at the downstream end.
- Pavement and striping restoration.
2. Improvements to the existing flume structure located at the end of N. 3rd Street will consist of:
- Removing and replacing the existing aluminum access hatch with a gasketed hatch.
- Removing and replacing the concrete slab surrounding the existing hatch.
- Removing and replacing the flume’s existing manhole frame and cover which is located upstream of the dispersion wall.
- Installing two Manhole Odor Eliminators (MOEs).
- Repairing the epoxy lining in two locations within the flume structure.
- Removing the ladder rungs in the existing manhole located over the 24” pipe upstream of the flume.
April 10, 2017 – Construction begins
June 2017 – Substantial completion for project work
Repairs Project 2016/17 (2016-04)
The 2017 Annual Repairs Project will consist of spot repairs and line replacements throughout the district and upsizing the trunk sewer located on Sandy Road.
The Sandy Road portion of the project consists of upsizing approximately 850 linear feet of existing 8” VCP (Vitrified Clay Pipe) to 10” HDPE (High-density Polyethylene), which will allow the trunk sewer to accommodate peak wet weather flows. This section of the project will be located on Sandy Road between the Seven Hills Road and James Avenue intersections.
Other project areas located on public right of way include:
- Santa Maria Avenue between the Jamison Way and Lux Avenue intersections
- Lux Avenue between the Vaughn Avenue and San Miguel Avenue intersections
- San Miguel Avenue between the Lux Avenue and Wilson Avenue intersections
- San Miguel Avenue between the Jeanine Way and Somerset Avenue intersections
- Somerset Avenue between the Santa Maria and Conrad Court intersections
- Somerset Avenue and Redwood Road intersection
- Kahlert Avenue between the Outlook Court and Strobridge Avenue intersections
- Orange Avenue between the Rizzo Avenue and Vegas Avenue intersections
- Orange Avenue and Lake Chabot/Lessley Avenue intersection
- Redwood Road between the Proctor Road and Buti Park Drive intersections
- Seaview Avenue between the Redwood Road and Judy Street intersections
- Paradise Knolls and Center Street intersection
- Center Street between the Omega Avenue and Circle Avenue intersections
The project areas that are located within easements include:
- Belle Street
- Mt. Olympus Drive
Construction on these streets will include spot repairs and full line segment replacements using open trench and pipe bursting methods.
June 19, 2017 – Construction begins
September 2017– Substantial completion for project work
CVSan continues to implement sewer replacements and upgrades identified in the Wastewater Collection System Master Plan to reduce the risk of sewer overflows.
Wastewater Master Plan Environmental Documents
For project information, please contact the District at (510) 537-0757.