View our fantastic oil recycling video to see how you can change your car's motor oil and how easy it is to recycle the oil too! Give your car the gift of quality motor oil and help to keep your environment clean at the same time.
Q. How do I recycle Used Motor Oil? Filters? Other auto fluids?
A. The following applies to Single-Family Residents:
Place one-gallon screw-top containers curbside beside your collection carts on your regular collection day. You can recycle up to three (3) gallons per week of motor oil, transmission fluid, gear lube and other lubricants commonly used in cars and light trucks. Oil filters can be put in a heavyweight sealed clear plastic bag and placed curbside. Call WMAC at (510) 537-5500 to request delivery of a Used Oil jug and filter bag kit. Used Oil and filters may be dropped off at a Collection Center (see below).
Collection Centers in Castro Valley:
- Castro Valley Autohaus **20697 Park Way (510) 581-4525
- Jiffy Lube *2492 Castro Valley Blvd (510) 582-7677
- Kevin Hinckley Auto Tech **5269 Crow Canyon Road (510) 881-1052
- O'Reilly Auto Parts *2990 Castro Valley Blvd (510) 881-0761
- O'Reilly Auto Parts *15604 Hesperian Blvd (510) 276-7822
- Certified Tire and Service Center* 3430 Castro Valley Blvd (510) 886-9500
- Sal's Foreign Car Service **3343 Castro Valley Blvd (510) 582-5282
*Center that only collects motor oil; does not change oil. **Centers that also accept filter
CVSan's Used Motor Oil Filter Exchange Program
- Do you change your own oil?
- Do you live in a single-family home?
Single-family residents who notify WMAC at least 24 hours prior to setting out used motor oil and filter(s) curbside between May 4, 2015 and June 12, 2015 will receive a coupon* in the mail from CVSan for a new filter. Details are on the coupon.
Please call WMAC’s Customer Service Center, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at (510) 537-5500.
*The coupon may be redeemed for 1 filter up to $10 (including tax). If the cost of the filter and tax is less than $10, the balance is not transferable, redeemable for cash, and is forfeited. A used motor oil filter must be set out for recycling curbside in order to receive a coupon for a new filter. Maximum 1 coupon per household per week of collection. Coupon is for a limited time only and expires June 22, 2015. CVSan reserves the right to alter or cancel the program at any time for any reason.