PUBLIC PARTICIPATION VIRTUAL MEETING GUIDELINES
MEETINGS INCLUDE: REGULAR BOARD MEETINGS, SPECIAL BOARD MEETINGS, COMMITTEE MEETINGS, AND ADVISORY MEETINGS
Executive Order N-29-20
Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20 on March 17, 2020, all members of the Castro Valley Sanitary District Board of Directors (Board) may participate in their meetings without being physically present, and no teleconference locations for the public are required to be provided or noticed in the meeting agenda. The public must be given the opportunity to observe and address the meeting telephonically or otherwise electronically.
General Meeting Information
During the meeting, the Board President, Committee Chair, or their designee will announce the opportunity to make public comments and identify the cut off time for submission. During Board meetings, if the meeting is lengthy, a 5-minute break will be taken at 8:00 p.m. No item will be heard after 10:00 p.m.
Commitment to Civility
To assure civility in its public meetings, the Board of Directors encourages members of the public to engage in respectful dialog that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Board Members, staff, and members of the public are expected to establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions; and foster meaningful dialogue free of personal attacks. Members of the public must also adhere to the speaking time limit.
To observe the meeting by video conference, please click on the link on the applicable agenda, or enter the unique Zoom Webinar address listed on the first page of the applicable agenda into your web browser.
- For additional video conference instructions, please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-
- If you are participating in a meeting using a laptop, use the “RAISE YOUR HAND” button when you wish to speak when public comment is being taken on the eligible agenda item. When you are called to speak, CVSan’s meeting moderator will unmute you to enable you to be heard. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted.
To listen to the meeting by telephone, please call the number listed on the first page of the applicable agenda.
- If you are calling in, dial *9 to “RAISE YOUR HAND” when you wish to speak when public comment is being taken on the eligible agenda item. When you are called to speak, please dial *6 to unmute yourself. After the allotted time, CVSan’s meeting moderator will re-mute you.
Written comments will be accepted up to 3:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting and will be distributed to Board or Committee Members prior to the meeting to be read.
- Comments should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Write “Public Comment” in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, include the agenda item number and title, as well as your comment(s).
- Copies of all written comments will be provided to the Board or Committee Members and will be kept on file.
- Written comments will NOT be read into the record.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category