How to Schedule a Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up
Single-family (4 units or less) and multi-family complexes (5 units or more) are eligible for one on-call Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up per year.
To schedule a Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up, call Alameda County Industries at (510) 483-1400. Appointments are not available the first two full weeks in January or the first full week of June and October of each year. Requests made at the end of the calendar year cannot be guaranteed for that calendar year, Please schedule appointments in advance.
Alameda County Industries will make every best effort to process your Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up according to the following hierarchy:
- Reuse materials as they are (where energy efficiency is not compromised).
- Disassemble materials for reuse or recycling.
- Disposal (landfill).
- Up to 4 car or light truck tires (rims must be separated from the tires).
- Household furniture, pillows & mattresses.
- Yard trimmings and unpainted wood (up to 6” in diameter tied in bundles no longer than 4’).
- Clothing, textiles, shoes, belts, purses, and craft/sewing items.
- Scrap metal.
- Housewares, TVs, electronics, and appliances (remove or seal doors).
- Trash that is bagged, boxed, or bundled.
- Books, CDs, VHS tapes, DVDs, magazines, and framed pictures.
- Area rugs and carpet (9' x 12' maximum; must be able to be handled by two people).
- No construction or demolition debris.
- No concrete, rocks, brick, or dirt.
- No hazardous waste including anti-freeze or motor oil/filters.
Single-Family Set Out Information
Residents are limited to seven (7) cubic yards per collection, and guidelines are as follows:
- Place items within three (3) feet of the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day. Do not set out items for more than 24 hours in advance. Do not block the street or sidewalk.
- Items must weigh less than 75 pounds except for furniture and appliances, and able to be handled by two people.
- You will be charged for materials in excess of seven (7) cubic yards.
- If stacking items, stack in a safe and stable manner whereby removing an item doesn’t cause other items to fall against a person or property.
- Canyonlands residents – please contact ACI to coordinate a collection location.
Multi-Family Set Out Information
Complexes are limited to a maximum number of cubic yards calculated by multiplying the number of dwelling units in the multi-family complex by two (2) cubic yards. Guidelines are as follows:
Alameda County Industries will provide a debris box of equivalent cubic yards as arranged with the complex’s management. Fewer equivalent cubic yards may be requested by management, but only one Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up will be arranged per calendar year. The property owner/manager will be responsible for an agreed-upon location(s) of the debris box(es).
A Reuse Zone will be identified and agreed upon by the ACI Route Manager and property manager for tires, furniture, reusable goods, and appliances outside the debris box.
- Place items in the debris box by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day.
- Items must weigh less than 75 pounds except for furniture and appliances and be able to be handled by two people.
- The property will be charged for materials in excess of the maximum number of cubic yards.
In addition to Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up, CVSan customers can also participate in Textile Collection Week the first full week of June and October. For details, see Textile Recycling.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category